Spalding University Library, 2nd Floor
Our goal is to help you understand the writing process and as such we usually focus on two or three areas of opportunity for revision in your work.
The Writing Center is a place where the dynamic nature of the writing process can be explored, and where effective writing habits can be modeled and developed in a flexible, comfortable environment. Accordingly, Writing Consultants act as an authentic audience and collaborate with writers at any stage of the writing process. Our skilled consultants help writers interpret assignments and readings, organize and effectively support ideas, plan revisions, and refine language, grammar, and style.
Writing consultants in the Writing Center:
- Offer assistance in understanding the writing process for a variety of papers from any subject or course
- Recommend strategies for improvement in revision practices
- Brainstorm ideas, discuss direction, and formulate a writing plan
- Collaborate on organization, rhetorical structure, thesis statement, flow, and other writing conventions
- Provide an audience for speeches and presentations
- Help with resumes, CVs, personal statements, and other career documents
- MLA, APA, and AMA formatting
Writing Center Staff
Our staff is composed of highly-trained, compassionate, understanding, welcoming, peer consultants. Specifically, our staff is composed of undergrad student workers and graduate assistants who undergo extensive writing center training.
In additional to these student workers and GAs, we have a Writing Center Director and Writing Center Coordinator:
Writing Center Director
Writing Center Coordinator
Need Feedback on a Writing Assignment?
Writing Center consultations are usually 45 minutes. Please bring your assignment sheet and any other supporting materials.
To schedule an appointment in the Writing Center on the 2nd floor of the library, call (502) 873-4494, or email email@example.com.